PROCUREMENT LOGISTICS MANAGER
Who are we?
At Dalsem we are a team of problem-solvers from all over the world, proud to be working on transforming the future of food. As world leaders in advanced greenhouse solutions, we contribute to creating a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably – and we need a new Global Procurement & Logistics Manager to help us get the most out of this opportunity.
Reporting to the CEO, you will ensure high client satisfaction, develop a global procurement mind-set, introduce “Continuous Improvement” (detect inefficiencies and improve) and align globally where applicable, maintain excellent service levels through active engagement and coordination on projects with your colleagues in the Netherlands and other countries.
The Procurement & Logistics Manager will be responsible for the overall procurement strategy definition and implementation of the related sourcing activities, stock management and warehouse, together with a cross-functional and global team. The emphasis is on maximizing the procurement contribution upstream the value chain, while continuously improving supply base performance and reducing complexity.
As Procurement & Logistics Manager, you will:
• Be responsible for performing and coordinating strategic sourcing initiatives within the defined area of responsibility, performing tenders, conducting negotiations and concluding global frame contracts with main vendors.
• Provide continuous market intelligence, analysing competition practice and movement, identifying alter-native vendors, new developments and innovative solutions.
• Share responsibility of identifying and leveraging optimization levers in regards to product specifications and future demands in close cooperation with the partners in innovation and product management/sales.
• Be responsible for key vendors selection and integration in demand/specification management and design process.
• Be accountable for vendor performance
• Be responsible for stock and warehouse management, focused on optimized project performance
• Closely cooperate with operations to ensure alignment
• Take part in performing regular risk management analysis and define and implement relevant mitigation measures in alignment with the cross-functional stakeholders
What kind of a person are you?
We encourage each of our employees to bring their unique self to work and aim to make everyone feel recognized, valued and free to explore their potential. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture and welcome new colleagues from all walks of life. You will recognize in yourself that you:
• have strong leadership skills with ability to decide and initiate action, leading and supervising a group.
• are analytical so that you can interpret and integrate information to formulate a vision and create a strategic approach, and at the same time you know which details are important and you know how to organize your work.
• are motivated by creating strong partnerships and creating results, and you contribute to our
• positive, self-driven and proactive culture.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have a bachelor or master degree within procurement, supply chain or within a technical field, combined with several years of experience within strategic procurement and/or category management.
Moreover, you will bring with you:
• Several years’ of cross-functional experience through project work in a related functional area
• Experience in managing a diverse portfolio of spend categories
• Business acumen and seasoned buying skills
• Proven negotiations skills and influencing skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills capable of building strong professional networks, as well with external market as internal teams
• Highly service-oriented team player with strong organizational skills, who supports demanding clients in a professional manner
• Team-player able to co-create and redesign the future office in order to accommodate the new way of working and the different needs of teams / entities
• Client-centricity aspiring to become a first-class services provider and willing to go “the extra-mile”
• Resilience, being able to work under high stress-situations and perform under pressure, with tight deadlines
• Open-minded, flexible, pro-active, independent, being able to multi-task
• Trustworthy, discreet, respectful with cultural awareness, etiquette and diplomacy as shown by experience handling discrete matters and figures
• Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
• Willingness to travel approximately 20%
If you want to have the chance to lead a global strategy within category procurement, this is the right opportunity for you!
Interested in this vacancies?
More information can be requested during office hours. Please contact: Lisette Verhaegen HR nr. 015-2695800 of send an email: email@example.com.
Send your application letter with CV by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
Attn. Mrs. L. Verhaegen
Woudseweg 9, 2635 CG Den Hoorn