Who are we?
At Dalsem we are a team of problem-solvers from all over the world, proud to be working on transforming the future of food. As world leaders in advanced greenhouse solutions, we contribute to creating a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably – and we need a Proposal Engineer to help us get the most out of this opportunity.
As Proposal engineer you will have a crucial role in the sales and business development process at Dalsem. Your primary responsibility is to create compelling and detailed proposals in response to requests from potential clients or customers.
Your main tasks will include:
• Analyzing customer requirements and sales quotations: understanding the customer's requirements. This involves reviewing technical specifications, project scopes, and any other relevant documents.
• Technical Calculations: making technical calculations for greenhouses and business premises using the Casta program. Making calculations for greenhouse construction and screen cloth installations.
• Cost Estimation: estimating the costs associated with the proposed solution. This includes material costs, labor costs, equipment costs, and any other expenses related to the project.
• Proposal documents: write and format the proposal document for our horticultural projects, ensuring it is clear, concise, and professional. The proposal typically includes technical details, project timelines, pricing, and any other relevant information.
• Compliance: ensure that the proposal complies with all the requirements and verify that all necessary documentation and certifications are included.
• Quality Assurance: Review the proposal for accuracy and quality, checking for any errors or inconsistencies before submission.
• Cliënt meetings: participate in meetings or negotiations with the client to answer questions or provide additional information.
What kind of a person are you?
We encourage each of our employees to bring their unique self to work and aim to make everyone feel recognized, valued and free to explore their potential. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture and welcome new colleagues from all walks of life.
You will recognize in yourself that you:
• Have a strong technical background, in the horticulture industry is a plus
• Have knowledge of cost estimation techniques for developing accurate pricing for proposals
• Are analytical so that you can interpret and integrate information in the proposal documents
• Client-focused, able to understand and address the needs and concerns of the client, making sure the proposal is client-centric
• Have attention to details, proposals require a high level of detail and accuracy. Eye for details is essential to ensure that proposals meet all requirements
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have a bachelor degree mechanical engineering or within a technical field, combined with several years of experience within proposal engineering.
Moreover, you will bring with you:
• Several years’ of cross-functional experience through proposal work in a related functional area
• Knowledge of working with AutoCad
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing and editing abilities
• Knowledge of greenhouse technologies and sustainable agriculture practices is a plus
• Team player, who supports demanding clients in a professional manner
• Open-minded, flexible, pro-active, independent, being able to multi-task
• Proficiency in English and Dutch, both written and verbal
Interested in this vacancies?
More information can be requested during office hours. Please contact: Lisette Verhaegen HR nr. 015-2695800 of send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send your application letter with CV by email: email@example.com or by post.
Attn. Mrs. L. Verhaegen
Woudseweg 9, 2635 CG Den Hoorn